Friday, March 27, 2009

{merci}

First of all, I just want to say thanks to everyone who reads and posts on this blog. I know my posts have been few and far between, but I have just been so busy with life. However, I miss doing regular posts and am working on at least one, so stay tuned.

Secondly, I am so honored to "know" so many of you through your blogs, some of you I have even forged friendships with outside of the blog world. But I am especially honored today to have received the giveaway package from Ness at Marley & Lockyer. Let me just say I do not ever win anything. Ever. If my Mom was the one doing the giveaway I wouldn't win. I don't win prizes at baby showers, I don't ever win anything. But this time I won. Look at the adorable package I received, sent all the way from Tasmania, Australia at great personal expense of Ness!!!

Is it not adorable? I love the little floral paper wrap on top of the brown packing paper. So chic.
When I opened it up, I was so happy to see the contents:
{don't know why that is posting sideways... hmmm}

And a close up of the little floursack pillow. Darling.

I am busy figuring out where I am going to put my new gifts, and beaming that someone in Australia didn't put my name back into the hat and pull out someone a little more local to send the giveaway items to. I'm just floored that I received such a thoughtful, generous gift from a blogging friend.

Merci Beaucoup!

p.s. Tomorrow a little town near me is having a city-wide "trash to treasure" yard sale. I'll be there with my running shoes on tomorrow and hopefully will have a fun post about the treasures I find. Stay tuned.

9 comments:

Maisy said...

Congrats on your big win. How exciting.
Happy treasure hunting!!!

Katie said...

Thank YOU for letting me get to know you through your blog. You are so talented, and interesting!

I'm new at your blog (just recently found you) but I love your posts on furniture you repaint, especially.

Have fun at the yard sale, lucky!

PS- What a wonderful package! How sweet!

Unknown said...

What treasures to win! So beautiful! Have fun with the yard sale. I haven't seen any start around here yet.

Anonymous said...

You lucky girl!! Such beautiful treasures! I love her stuff!!

Kasey said...

seriously, too darn fun.
wish i was going with you.
xo

southerninspiration said...

Oh, I wish I was going with you, too! Find some treasures to show us! And those pillows look PERFECT for your home!!

Suzanne

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

AWESOME!!!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Love her - love the pillows! Lucky girl.

Ness Lockyer said...

I am so glad that you love them and I am even more happy to see they got to you in one piece! I often wonder what they look like after going all the way to the States...now I know!
Thanks for the post too. Enjoy,
Ness xx