Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What I've Been Up To

I am trying to finish the last couple of pieces of furniture for my upcoming sale and then price everything and get it organized by 10.31 for the sale 11.1. It's not going to be a very big sale, because I'm really just doing this as a hobby, but I have about 6-7 small pieces of furniture that I have redone and then I have a bunch of smalls to sell. I am collaborating with a neighbor who does hand-painted furniture as well (but very much more detailed, with designs) and that will beef up what I have for sale.

My husband kept telling me to wait till spring and then do it big, but I want to get this stuff out of my workshop (aka my garage) and move on. I didn't want to invest in any big pieces in case the sale is not a success. So, this will be me putting my toes into the water so to speak. Here is a peek at what I've been working on:













This last round piece is so cute I may end up keeping it for myself. Herein lies the problem in buying things to fix up and sell.....

5 comments:

CMB said...

Looks great...good luck with the sale!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Good luck - you have impeccable taste, I'm sure all will be beautiful.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Those are all great things, I'm sure you will be successful. That's my problem too...I like to keep it all!

Wendy said...

I love your cake plates. And I love that round piece too...I might have a hard time parting with it also :-)

Liz Harrell said...

Fabulous pieces!